Welcome to Your Daily Fix Blog

Our primary purpose is to help others who are suffering from addictions, hurts and other destructive issues by carrying the message of Hope to them.

ATTENTION: While working through the 12 Steps is NOT a race, we realize that not everyone works at the same pace. Therefore, we offer individual assistance - just contact us.



Friday, March 8, 2013

Step 1 - Powerless- Part 3


Welcome back folks.  Last time we left off asking some questions about examples of your powerlessness.

So what did you discover?   Did you see where you might be just a little bit powerless over your addiction and behavior?  If you were honest with this, you should have seen times when you were.  That’s what this is saying here.  It’s not a knock you down some more, make fun of you, disgrace you thing.  It’s a “hey man, me too”.  It’s the admission of our powerlessness that opens the door to our Recovery. 

Our minds are powerful entities.  It has been said that the mind has the ability to heal and to kill.  Harnessing the power of their mind, people have been able to accomplish what was otherwise physically impossible.  Our mind can be both an asset and a liability. 

It’s that liability that we are going to discuss right now.  Our stinking thinking if you will.  In our addictive state we believe the lies that our mind tells us is the Truth.  We can talk ourselves into doing things that we normally wouldn’t be caught dead doing.  Yet we do them and believe that it’s okay!  You know what I’m saying.  We lie, steal, cheat, drink and drug. We become convinced that we are “the man or woman”, that we are better than others and that we don’t have a problem.  We tell ourselves that it’s okay to cheat on our spouse, its okay to be late, it’s okay to say this or that.  It’s alright to hit him or her, it’s alright to do this or that and an infinite number of other lies. 

Herein lays the problem.  Our mind can convince us that, we are okay, we can handle it and we’re not that bad.  In essence, “I don’t have a problem”!  Sound familiar?  I know right!  I used to think the same way.  It’s true.  For years I lived in that illusory state that had me convinced that I was okay, I’d do better next time, I can handle it, I don’t need help etc.  But, you know what?  I wasn’t Okay, I never did better.  I most certainly couldn’t handle it.  Truth is, I was “Living in the Lie”. (posted earlier read it)

That’s where we’ll pick it up next time.  Additionally, we’ll begin to take a look at the unmanageability of our lives.  Understanding the “unmanageable” parts helps us to see the powerlessness sometimes.

Until then ……. be sure to tell a friend about us.

Thanks for visiting us – come back soon.

Remember:  “It is what it is and “it ain’t nothing but a thing!”    

No comments:

Post a Comment